Saturday, June 25, 2005

Blogger Bash!

A big round of applause to Toby Bloomberg, known to all in the blogosphere as the Marketing Diva. Toby, who knows her way around a communication tool, gathered a very interesting, lively group of bloggers last night at te Calliterra Grille at the very posh Wyndham Hotel in downtown Boston to talk blogs.

Jill Fallon of Estate Legacy Vaults and I shared a thoughtful discussion about the decrease in media accountability. (if you have family you love, run over to Jill's site. I guarantee ou won't be disappointed.)

You know,it seems to me that as the influence of media (and I'm including bloggers as citizen journalists) grows, the sense of accountabiliy to consider the greater good decreases. The examples are countless but the Pam Anderson sex tape and Britney's blog jump right to mind. The saying used to be all the news that's fit to print. Now it's all the news --period. Whatever happened to standards? OK, enough ranting.

I had such a good time at the bash, I think we should keep this going. Here's the invitation: bloggers in the greater boston area let's unite! Drop me a comment saying you're down and where we can meet to form our own 'smart mob' (with parking, please).

Ciao, Dina

PS No, I haven't forgotten this blog is about building a mediation practice. Stay tuned because in early July I'll have the next installment in the Trailblazer series ready to go. Moshe Cohen is my hero when it comes to maximizing networking oportunities. He's probably got one of the most vibrant, expanded networks I've ever run across. And, what's really cool is that he plans his work so he can work with his wife, Barbara as often as possible. Check out MosheCohen

3 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dina, The web address for Moshe Cohen's The Negotiating Table is drops the "The" as follows:

http://www.negotiatingtable.com

Keep up the good work. Much appreciated. John

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger John said...

Hi Dina, Me again. I intended to leave a web address and ended up posting as anonymous. Blogger's comment routine is pretty slick. I think I am getting the hang of it. Again, thanks for all of the heavy lifting on behalf of newbies ... I've been a newbie for a long time and hope to get my act together. My most recent effort is at: http://drworkshop.com

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Dina Lynch, ADRPracticeBuilder.com said...

Thanks a million for writing, John. It's great to know we're in this together.

Best, Dna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home