Monday, July 11, 2005

Great Idea- Yours Fr*e

As a parent of two teenagers I often find myself at the end of my rope when it comes to communicating and negotiating with Jared and Kaitlin. And, I'm a conflict expert. Imagine what it's like with no skills, training or experience to fall back upon?

That's why I think a workshop that teaches teens and parents to negotiate would be a big seller. Yes, there are lots of articles about communication for parents. Over six million the last time I googled. But a cursory search didn't reveal any training courses. Anyone interested in family law and mediation want to take this one on?

And, just think about the sponsors and alliance partners waiting for you. Disney, comes to mind. And, they actually have articles on their website that speak directly to the topic!

Feel free to expand or contract this idea as you desire. I can imagine a very narrow niche that caters to mother-daughter relationships. Or, working in conjunction with a school system to be their 'on-call' mediator. Middle schools, which have to handle all those newly raging emotions and hormones, would be staying in line for help.

So, don't just sit there! Go out and take this good idea for a spin!


Ciao, Dina

PS Just to be clear, I don't mean that parents who don't have mediation or negotiating training aren't capable of doing a great job. My mom never took a parenting course in her life, and well, I turned out OK. But if it can make things easier, why not?

PPS A big shout-out of thanks to my blogger friend, Jill Fallon, for mentioning the Mensch and my coaching offer in her blog, The Business of Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home