Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Inc. Magazine- My Dream Came True, Almost

I'm a second generation entrepreneur and for a long time my dream has been to be on the cover of Inc. magazine. Lofty goals, I know, but you gotta dream big because even if you miss the moon, you'll still be among the stars.

I made it to the stars!

Check out the November issue of Inc magazine, page 40, and you'll find WorkWellTogether.com featured.

The story is entitled, Squelching Office Conflict. While I don't love that title (my aim is to manage not squelch issues, I love that Ombuds work is being discussed on a national level. Imagine how many small business owners will heave a sigh of relief knowing help is waiting for them.

Of course, this is a major marketing breakthrough. I've put together a multi-prong approach to maximize the coverage and build my list. If you ever anticipate getting national coverage, plan and execute early! I waited to see the article and now I'm playing major catch up.

How did this all happen? A simple letter to the editor. I read Inc religiously and noticed a trend over the past few months of more articles about conflict. In June I wrote to the editor to comment on a published piece. My letter was published this August, but in the meantime, the editorial staff got interested in Ombuds and contacted me for an interview.

You could do the same, you know. Start writing letters to the editors of your favorite niche magazines. Contact reporters that write about your topic and suggest articles. Write comments on the blogs you read (you do read niche blogs for your industry, right?)

It could happen to you....more about these adventures soon.

Ciao, Dina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home