Monday, February 13, 2006

ADR Practice Builder

Last week I had the pleasure of speaking to faculty and students at the UMass Graduate Program in Dispute Resolution in lovely Dorchester, MA. It was such a treat because I have a great affection for the students there who are committed to making the world a better place, and because I taught in that program in the 90s. (Also, it was really gratifying to know that 25 people would get up on a cold winter morning to attend a meeting--it's gotta be special for me to get out of a warm bed at that hour!)

The program entitled, What the BLEEP is an Ombuds, was well-received, but what really surprised me was the audience reaction. Several people asked if there would be additional coursework on Ombuds. (Yes, I'm developing curriculum now) Others asked if I would lead a marketing course- and you know how I love marketing.

So, now I'm considering it. And, I really want your input as I make this decision. Specifically, I'd like your feedback about:

    Should I create a business development program based on my years of experiences (and mistakes) building several ADR businesses?

    Should I change the name of this blog to ADR Practice Builder or add a second blog?


Truly, I need your help. I want to do this, but only if it will serve others well. Please make a comment here or drop me a private note at Dina at WorkWellTogether.com (replace at w/ @). Many thanks!


Try. Fail. Learn. Grow.

Dina

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Should I create a business development program based on my years of experiences (and mistakes) building several ADR businesses?"

Yes, please, though if it's going to be an in-person kind of thing in New England, it probably won't benefit me directly (down here in Maryland).

"Should I change the name of this blog to ADR Practice Builder or add a second blog?"

Mmm, I guess it depends on your current readership. If a large chunk of your audience is in academia, or working for the government, it might be a good idea to have a separate blog for us money-grubbing capitalists.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd go for a corner of cyberspace dedicated to ADR Practice Building...its the business of ADR that holds a huge challenge as most poor sods will get themselves hooked up with one of those 'we'll take 50%' bloodsucking provider panels stacked with retired judges.

 
At 11:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After listening to you talk at the NEACR February Meeting, I think it would be a great idea to create a business development program. We shouldn't all have to reinvent the wheel. Why not take advantage of the successful practioners who are willing to share what worked for them.

I think Lucy's right about whether to create another blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home