Monday, April 03, 2006

Lifestyle Entrepreneurship- Another Take

You know how my mind works, right? I start thinking about one thing, which leads to another, then another. So, while I was thinking about lifestyle entrepreneurship, it occurred to me that there could be two meanings to life entrepreneur.

According to Mark Henricks mentioned in an earlier post, it's about using a business to create a life that represents your values and interests. ADR types do that. We work to make connections between people and change the world. Many of us work at home and have flexible schedules.

But, I wonder do we live the lifestyle we ask parties to take up? Do mediators (Ombuds, arbitrators,etc.) really embody the values of our work? Or as the saying goes, "Do we walk the talk?"

I'm throwing this out for further discussion, people. Leave comments. Share your thoughts.

In the meantime, if you're interested, check out Mark Henrick's book and Jane Pollak's book, Soul Proprietors: 100 Lessons from a Life Entrepreneur.


Try. Fail. Learn. Grow.

Dina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home