Monday, June 05, 2006

Eric Walter Makes Good

Who is Eric Walter you ask. I don't really know, but I like his moxie.

Eric sent me an email asking if we could partner with him around referrals. He found my name in the Coachville directory and thought my Conflict Coaching work complemented his life coaching practice. So he reached out to me.

While I had to say no to Eric's request, I was impressed with his offer. He suggested that I help him accelerate the growth of his practice and when he had a steady client base he'd refer folks to me. A win/win!

It's not a bad idea. I think it would work better if you establish a relationship first and have some experience with the other person's services. Referrals are essentially endorsements, and I'm becoming very careful about who I lend my name to in cyberspace. Other than the fact the email was spam, I liked it.

What's the take-away for you?

Making good happens when you take a risk. Find five people either in or related to your target market and get to know them. Then figure out a way to partner and ASK.

(Then email me with your success story!)

Try. Fail. Learn. Grow.

Dina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home