Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Websites for Making Websites

Did I mention that I'm deep, deep in the process of creating websites?

WorkWellTogether.com is a great site, but it's desperately in need of a facelift. It doesn't offer the image I want, and frankly, has many, many more features than I currently use. I've decided to re-shape it with some help from professionals.

I found some interesting treasures while falling down the Internet rabbit hole to help you launch or tune up your website. You DO have a website, right? Here are the gems I came across. I plan to use one of these tools to put up a new non-ADR website (a destination wedding site about Boston) but haven't gotten to it yet. Let me know about your experiences if you use these tools.

Website Building Tools

Valueweb.com will provide an almost ready-made site from a variety of templates. Their Readyweb package includes design, hosting, and maintenance. Bonus, if you can't reach your regular tech person, they can do minor adjustments to your current site for only $40 for 30 minutes. Not bad if you're in a pinch.


Aplus.net will also give you many options for creating a fast, easy template website. They offer a 15 page site for around $650 and other packages are even less expensive.


Come August, I'll share my ups and downs building ADRPracticeBuilder.com in a Laser Call titled, "Get a Great Website for under $800". I used GetaFreelancer.com to find a knowledgeable designer with a modest hourly rate. It's not a complicated process but it helps to have a few pointers to avoid common mistakes. Stay tuned for more about it.


Try. Fail. Learn. Grow.

Dina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home