Friday, August 04, 2006

Disrupt Your Comfort Zone

Not to sound like a pledge drive, but I love National Public Radio (NPR).
We listen every morning. I especially like the new programming called "This I
Believe". It's regular folks and some famous folks talking about what they
believe in this world. Sometimes it's informative, thrilling or just plain funny.
It's always thought-provoking.

Recently, I heard the famous producer, Brian Grazer (The DaVinci Code), talk about why he chases down some fairly amazing people to spend time in their company. Now, I don't want to ruin things. You should go to NPR.org and listen to "Disrupt Your Comfort Zone" for yourself.

What I did want to share was a quote Brian mentioned. It's something that I truly believe:

"If you are not growing, you are dying."

I live to grow and learn. I'm delighted to try new things, to explore and
change direction. So much so that a friend teases me about how greedy I am
about life. She accuses me of trying to cram at least five lives into this one.

Guilty as charged.

My question to you: Are you growing, or...?


Try. Fail. Learn. Grow.

Dina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home