Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Why are Websites Like Resumes and Gardens?

Because they are never finished; they simply evolve! Cute riddle, huh? Boy, is it true.


CVs and Shade Gardens


Websites are living creatures just like gardens. They are in a constant state of transition from one thing to another. A color doesn't work on one web page, you might try it as a highlight on another. You see what happens when you add a picture or re-write a piece of content.

And, of course, there's the weeding to do. Fixing broken links takes as much time and is just as much a pain in the bum. However, if you tend you're garden well, keep it fresh and inviting, you'll be well rewarded.

Websites are also like resumes because there's typically one more thing to add to the list. I used to laugh when I heard site owners talk about their someday list. Someday, I thought, what's wrong with doing those things now. Then, I became the webmaster of my site and learned to respect the someday list. Between keeping up with past tasks and inserting new exciting items, the list grows and grows and grows.


Pruning My Garden

Keeping up with the gardening theme, I've decided to do a bit of pruning of my own website. ADRPracticebuilder.com is undergoing a tremendous, exciting makeover.

It'll still be devoted to coaching mediators to do good in the world and make a good living at it, but the site will much more user friendly and informative.

Best of all, there'll be a new membership program when the new site is revealed. It's still in the works but I can say that the member benefits are terrific: free access to articles, checklists and discussion groups; discounts on group coaching, ebooks and products and exclusive member-only offerings. Drop me an email if you're interested in becoming a charter member.

When's the Reveal?

I wish I knew. Right now, I'm working with a great designer. We'll definitely keep the spirited colors so many of you love. It shouldn't be too long.


Try. Fail. Learn. Grow!

Dina

PS Folks who sign up for my marketing teleseminar 3 Keys to Unlock Mediator Income before Sept. 12 will receive a special bonus. Don't miss out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home