Monday, October 30, 2006

Writing the Right Way

There are two kinds of people in the world. Dog or cat people. Numbers or words people. I'm a words gal. Before the ADR bug got me, I got a degree in Publishing Studies and was headed toward a career negotiating book deals for movies. I love words; and, I should because I've had to learn to do it over and over again.

First I learned how to write papers for college. I needed a totally different writing style for law school. Writing for a corporate audience took some practice because it as another totally different style. Lastly, I've figured out how to write for the Web. Changing your writing style is one of the keys of marketing success.

I'm now going to let you see behind the curtain. I get writing help via two fine writing newsletters.

Daphne Gray-Grant calls herself The Publication Coach and I love delving into her newsletter because she offers oddles of examples of sentence structure and word usuage that brighten my writing. Check out her newsletter.

Barbara McNichols is a copywriter who helps me be a more persuasive writer. I love that her newsletter also keeps me from making those small but embarrassing mistakes with word choice via her column, Word Trippers. You know, rein or reign. That kinda thing. Subscribe to her, too, if you want your writing to have a nice polish.

Why is this important? Because writing articles, special reports, tips sheets, ebooks, etc. is one of the fastest and surest ways to gain exposure for your practice. Many folks won't consider it because they think they're not good writers. Happily, there are ways to improve your Internet writing style and get your stuff read. I'm gonna share it all on November 16th at 3 p.m. in my teleseminar,Writing for Dollars Stop by and find out how to write an article in under 2 hours.

Try. Fail. Learn. Grow!

Dina

PS The new site is looking so fine!!! My goal is to have it up by end of November. Please hold me to it.

PPS Happy Halloween!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home