Thursday, November 30, 2006

Martha Hausman- Negotiation Coach

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

I do, and that's why I'm especially inspired by Martha Hausman. She had a
plan for the type of services she wanted to offer and she's made it happen.
Let me tell you a more about Martha and why she's a entrepre-star in my book.

Martha is a mediator who built her practice around a rather unusual niche-
contract negotiations for rabbis, cantors and other clergy.

I LOVE IT. Not just because months ago I was urging someone to take up
the idea of being a congregational mediator, but because Martha really
tapped into some essentials for developing a practice.

Martha grew where she was standing

Most entrepreneurs develop winning ideas based on needs they see expressed in their own lives. She looked around her own life to discover where her talent, skills and interests intersected. Viola, negotiation coach for clergy.

Imagine, you're a religious leader with a new contract coming up. How could you protect yourself and your family during negotiations without seeming, well, money-grubbing? You hire someone like Martha to either walk you through a negotiation strategy or to be your agent during the talks. Either way, you're likely to do
better at the table and feel good about it.

Martha knew what she didn't know and got help

Savvy entrepreneurs recognize that there's a steep learning curve to growing a business. You can't expect to know everything. It's smart to find a guide and learn from the experiences of others. Martha attended my call on Attracting Your Ideal Client. She piped up when I talked about congregational mediation as a practice niche and I got intrigued by her work. We've been chatting. I peeked at her website and offered a few suggestions. She took a small risk by getting help and it looks like it's paying off.

Martha worked to get known

Martha had a mention in New York Times- impressive, huh. You can read a copy at her website, http://www.mhnegotiation.com She understands how important it is to educate the public about how she can help them specifically. I noticed an article in this month's Boston magazine that's got press coverage for Martha written all over it and I can't wait to tell her about it.

Any more Entrepre-stars out there?

Martha will tell you how excited I got talking to her. It feels great to help her get started and really inspires me to keep going. So, if you think you're a star, drop me a note (about 500 words or so) about your practice and how you're marketing it.
Maybe you'll be the next Entrepre-star that gets a feature on Mediation Mensch...


Try. Fail. Learn. Grow!

Dina

PS Entrepre-star isn't as snappy as I'd like...got any better ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home