Monday, December 04, 2006

Failing isn't Bad

I should be dejected, I know. My recent teleseminar, Setting Fees that Feel Right & Still Make Money, went wrong. For whatever reason, it was way, way undersubscribed. Oddly enough, I'm not too disappointed. I feel eager to keep trying to improve the marketing for it. Why?

    " A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." Georgge Bernard Shaw


So, now I'm doing the post-event evaluation, figuring out what didn't work and why. I combined a number of strategies for the promotion and some just didn't work. Mark Silver, who was slated to be the guest speaker, is gonna give me some pointers.

Mark is a Sufi leader, a fourth generation entrepreneur and really generous with his time and knowledge. That's one of the reasons I wanted y'all to hear his thoughts on how to set fees that resonate with you and your clients. His company, The Heart of Business, is well established and generates 6 figures annually so I'm happy to have him as a guide.

Why am I airing my dirty laundry?

Yeah, I could've ignored the whole thing and never mentioned the class again. I wonder how often other coaches admit to making mistakes? I decided to talk about it for a couple of simple reasons.

Everyone makes mistakes. What turns this loss into a win is sharing my new insights so that everyone can prosper. Anyone who has been on a call with me knows I don't shy away from talking about my errors. It's good for me and, I hope, good for you.

I like to remind myself that I'm still learning. Business ideas and online marketing are always in flux with new techniques to master. I'm no different than you are in that respect. I'm not an expert. I'm your companion in this journey towards success who is a few steps ahead, helping to lead the way.

Let me know what you think in the comments below. Thanks.

Try. Fail. Learn. Grow!

Dina

2 Comments:

At 2:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dina, I'm catching up on my reading and of the 133 posts I have read while waiting for the last flight home in a cold airport, this is a stand out. Congrats on being brave enough to walk the talk. We need more of it.

Geoff

 
At 11:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard somewhere that people who 'make it' are not people who don't fail. They fail a lot. It's just that they keep getting up and trying again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home